After a day of shopping indulgence, I decided to whip up something less guilty before I hit the gym: a warm beet and feta cheese quinoa salad! So quick and easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients at hand. This a favorite lunch I like to whip up on the busy weekdays. The colors in the salad are beautiful so it looks as good as it tastes! Enjoy!
Warm Beet and Feta Cheese Quinoa Salad
Servings: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 5 min, Total time: 15 minutes
- 3/4-1 cup of Quinoa
- 2-3 handfuls of Spinach
- 1 can of beets – drained and sliced to bite sized pieces
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil (optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to maker’s instructions. While it’s cooking, you can start cutting up your beets
2. After quinoa is finished cooking, take off heat and slowly mix in the spinach. You can put as much as you like. I usually go with about 2-3 handfuls.
3. Slowly incorporate your beets. Be careful not to mash them.
4. Pour a serving into a bowl and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and a little bit of olive oil to taste. Sprinkle some feta cheese and mix in. Top with fresh torn basil leaves.