Here’s another favorite of mine for a quick dinner. Not only is it healthy, but definitely some wonderful colors working in there. It’s surprising how one bell pepper can be so filling! Enjoy!
Servings: 3 servings
Prep Time: 10-15 min, Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- 1/2-3/4 cup corn – frozen or canned corn will work
- 1/2 cup canned black beans – drain and rinse
- 1 1/2 roma tomatoes – diced
- Any kind of shredded/crumbled cheese – feta, shredded mexican, cheddar, ect. Omit if you would like to make it vegan
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Chili powder (optional)
- 3 Bell peppers – washed, tops cut off and seeded
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cook your quinoa as instructed. If you cook it with a chicken or vegetable, it adds a lot of flavor to the quinoa.
2. After the quinoa is done, take it off the heat and slowly mix in 1-2 handfuls of spinach.
3. Dump the quinoa into a large bowl. Add in the corn, beans, tomatoes and cheese. The amounts listed are pretty relative. You can really add as much of each as you want.
4. Mix in the cumin and salt/pepper to taste. Add the chili powder if you want a kick to it.
5. Place your bell peppers into a pan. I like to use an oiled loaf pan so they stand up well.
6. Spoon the quinoa mixture into the each bell pepper. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling is hot. The bell pepper will still have some bite to it.