My kitchen is back thank god! It had be NIS since Friday, total of 5 days. That’s 5 days of eating out for breakfast, lunch, dinner and it was been killing me! I couldn’t be happier to have a kitchen again. I’ll probably have to do a juice cleanse from all the Chick fil-a and Chipotle I ate.
Since my kitchen was MIA for a few days, all my Costco bananas became super ripe. I stored them in the freezer for future smoothies, but I left 3 bananas to make, what else? Banana bread! Banana muffins, actually. I love this recipe because it’s really easy and I often have the ingredients in my kitchen already. This recipe gives banana bread a crunchy twist that everyone that I’ve baked for raves about. I always have granola on hand because Sprouts has a different granola on sale each week in their bins, and they’re just so good on top of yogurt! Muffins are just so much easier to serve when I’m in clinic (don’t want to bring a knife into a clinic). Enjoy!
Banana Granola Crunch Muffins
Servings: 18 large muffins
Prep time: 20-30 min, Total time: 1 hr
- 3 cups All -purpose flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Milk at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 bananas – 2 bananas mashed in a bowl, 1 banana diced into chunks
- 1 cup diced walnuts
- 1-2 cups Granola
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. With your mixer on the lowest speed, blend together the flour mixture and melted butter.
Note: flour tends to puff everywhere so I recommend mixing in the sink. Also, mix in the butter with a spatula first before the mixer.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don’t overmix!
4. Fold in your diced bananas, 1 cup granola, and 1 cup diced walnuts.
5. Line the muffin pan with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray.
6. Spoon the batter into each paper liner, filling to the top of the cup. Top each cup with granola.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let it sit in the pan for a few minutes to cool, and serve.