Pretty much wrapping up our quarter now….no more midterms, no more proficiencies, no more classes (well, at least in my head)! It’s a smooth cruise from now until finals. I was really done last week, but took it off to relax and rejuvenate. Now I’m back with with some recipes lined up!
Let’s start off with a quick and easy vegetarian lunch you can whip up even in the morning before a busy day. The curry powder adds a little kick to the classic egg salad, and add some avocado and veggies like spinach for the flavor balance and health factor.
Easy tip for hard boiled eggs: I toss a few eggs as I cook rice in the rice cooker and it will hard boil it for you with no effort! Then store them in the fridge for salad topping, egg salad sandwiches or a quick breakfast with toast on the go!
Curried Egg Salad for One
Prep time: 10 min, Total time: 10 min
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 tsp relish (optional)
- 1-1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Sandwich ingredients: toasted slices of bread, spinach or lettuce, tomato, avocado, ect
1. Toast your bread
2. Mash together egg, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, relish, curry power and salt/pepper with a fork. Add additional curry powder to taste.
3. Spread on top of a slice of toast, top with avocado, spinach and whatever else you like in your sandwich!